The purpose of this document is to provide guidelines for establishing and maintaining the Data Protection Notice for all data owners whose personal data is processed by STET, SA in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
STET, SA respects your privacy.
Your data will be processed by STET, SA, legal entity no. 500237433, located at Rua da Guiné, s/n, 2685-334 Prior Velho, general telephone number + (351) 219 409 300 (“STET” or “we/us”). We are the data controller.
The processing of personal user data by STET and sending of business communications electronically or by telephone comply with domestic and Community legislation in force, namely the recent Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and other applicable legislation.
STET is in charge of all of the personal data processing it does, and will only process your personal data:
1. When it has a legitimate interest to do so, namely for the following purposes:
- Managing the pre-contractual or contractual relationship with our customers;
- Communicating with our customers;
- Auditing our business and our services;
- System security;
- Fraud prevention and control;
In such cases, STET does not need your consent to process your data provided that, in each case, our interest complies with applicable legislation and your rights.
2. When it has obtained your consent to process your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, such as:
- Informing our customers about our business activities, campaigns, promotions, events and other things which we believe may be of interest;
- Conducting questionnaires on our service quality;
- Loyalty campaigns;
3. When required to comply with applicable legal or contractual obligations, such as:
- Performance of a contractual agreement;
- Provision of goods and services;
- Compliance with tax obligations.
Your personal data may be transferred, processed and stored in a country outside of the European Union/European Economic Area to guarantee a suitable degree of protection of such personal data under European Union legislation. We have implemented adequate guarantees (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is properly protected. For more information on adequate guarantees in force, please contact us using the contact information in the section “Questions and Clarifications”.
At any time, you may:
1. Request access to your personal data
As the data owner, you are entitled to obtain confirmation that your personal data has or has not been processed and, if applicable, to access your personal data and information provided for by law.
2. Request correction of inaccurate or incomplete data
As the data owner, you are entitled to request that STET correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data without unjustified delay.
3. Request deletion of your personal data
As the data owner, you are entitled to request that STET delete your data without unjustified delay, which STET shall be obliged to do under any of the following circumstances:
- The personal data is no longer needed for the original purpose of its collection or processing;
- You have withdrawn your consent for data processing (when processing is based on consent), and there are no other grounds for processing the data;
- You have denied processing of the data, and there are no prevailing legitimate interests justifying its processing.
4. Request limited processing of your personal data
As the data owner, you are entitled to request that STET limit the processing of your data if any of the following circumstances apply:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal data, within a time period allowing STET to verify its accuracy;
- The data processing is legitimate, and the data owner denies the deletion of the personal data, in return requesting limitations on its use;
- STET no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but this data is required by the owner for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a right in legal proceedings;
- You have denied processing until verifying that the data controller’s legitimate grounds prevail over those of the data owner.
5. Deny processing of your personal data
When data is processed for the purposes of pursuing STET’s legitimate interests, direct marketing or profiling, you may also deny the processing of your personal data at any time.
6. Withdraw consent, when processing depends on your consent.
When consent is required by law for the processing of personal data, the data owner is entitled to withdraw consent at any time. This right, however, does not compromise lawful processing based on prior consent, nor subsequent processing of the data on other legal grounds, such as compliance with a contractual agreement or legal obligation to which STET is bound.
We are committed to keeping your data secure using appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and prohibit access by unauthorized persons, thereby limiting access to persons needing the data to perform their job duties who are subject to a confidentiality obligation. Our security policies and systems undergo periodic analyses to ensure that data is secure and protected. However, since transmitting information via the Internet is never completely secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted through our website or online store.
We also respect the confidentiality of your information. As such, we do not sell, distribute or otherwise commercially disclose your information to any third party. STET will only disclose your data to third parties when needed for the provision of services (e.g. for the transport of merchandise), due to STET’s legitimate interests (e.g. quality certifications or audits) or by legal obligation.
Terms and conditions
By accessing this site, the user undertakes to accept and respect these terms and conditions of use.
The information contained on this site, namely the domain name, trademarks, logos, indications, drawings, illustrations, photographs, texts, graphics and other files is protected by current legislation.
Is expressly prohibited downloading, copying, modifying, transmitting, distributing, reproducing or submitting it for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of STET.
The intellectual property rights of all content on this site belong to STET. All the information available on this site is free, and can be used freely, when source is mentioned. It is, however, prohibited its use for commercial or offensive purposes.
This site may contain advertising references and hyperlinks to other sites over which STET has no control and is not responsible for its content. The inclusion of advertising references and hyperlinks to other sites constitutes a purely informative reference, and STET is totally alien to the content, services and products offered.
Access to certain content on this site may be reserved for registered users only.
STET is constantly updating and verifying the information available on this site. However, the user cannot hold STET responsible if the content presented on this site has, in time, some lapse, outdated or technical anomaly.
STET reserves the right to make changes at any time, without prior notice, regarding the products and services referred to on this site.
STET reserves the right to change, without prior notice, the terms and conditions set forth herein, as soon as possible to disclose the new conditions.
User behavior of this site:
- You may not use this site for fraudulent purposes or connected with any illegal activity;
- You may not use this site to send, use or reuse any material that is unlawful, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene or threatening; or that disrespect copyright, copyright, trust, privacy or any other right acquired; or sending of material that contains computer virus, political propaganda, commercial solicitations, chain mail, mass mail or spam;
- Take precautions and ensure that the information you remove does not contain virus or other harmful characteristics;
- Assume responsibility for any and all information you provide on this site.
When you fill out the forms at our website or fill out registration forms (online store, CAT service platforms), STET collects your personal data (name, email, telephone number or address) and processes it to answer your questions, respond to your requests or provide you with information.
If you sign up for one of our events, in addition to being processed for event management purposes, some of your personal data may be shared with the event’s organizers and/or other participants.
When you provide us with your contact information, STET may contact you for the purposes of marketing its services, provided that you have given consent to process your personal data for this purpose. If you give your consent, you will receive marketing communications. You may deny the processing of this data at any time.
The personal data you provide to us will also be processed for the purposes specified at the time of its collection.
Whenever it is requested, your consent is essential for STET to process your personal data for these purposes; however, since this consent is given freely, your visits to and use of our website and online store will not be affected if you choose not to do so.
Our policy is to keep your data only for the time needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some cases, we may keep your data for longer periods, namely when required by law.
You may be asked to provide proof of your identity to ensure that personal data is only shared with its owner.
Please be aware that, in certain cases (e.g. due to legal requirements), your request may not be immediately accommodated. In any case, you will be notified of the measures taken in this regard within one month of submitting your request.
You are also entitled to submit a complaint to the Portuguese Data Protection Authority at https://www.cnpd.pt/.
If you still have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: +(351) 219 409 300
Last Update: 25 May 2018